[aur-general] Putting mariadb into community

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Wed Sep 28 02:27:52 EDT 2011

Hi,

Due to Oracle's recent and absolutely unforeseeable new plans with MySQL, I thought it might be a good opportunity to put mariadb into community for those that depend on MySQL. Mariadb is designed to be a drop-in replacement for MySQL and as such I wondered whether it would make sense if mariadb replaced MySQL. Mariadb also conflicts with MySQL files which at least necessitates installing them to an alternative path.

I'm willing to maintain mariadb in community.

I'd like opinions on this.

-- Sven-Hendrik