[aur-general] TU application - speps

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Thu Apr 26 15:59:22 EDT 2012

On 27 April 2012 03:26, speps <speps at gmx.com> wrote:

> Since I'm involved into the Arch Audio project by submitting several build
> scripts and binary packages to its repository, I'd surely add the most
> popular
> in [community] (ex. supercollider, csound, pd, lv2 plugins), and I would
> help Ray Rashif maintaining the ones already there, of course.
>
> Being an out-of-the-box pro-audio ready distro (in terms of officially
> distributed packages) would be great for Arch, since the number of
> multimedia-oriented users, developers and projects using Arch as their
> main platform is growing day by day (LAC 2012 has been a testimonial ;)).
>
> Also, I would contribute adopting and maintaining orphans and of course
> taking care of bug reports.

I have worked with speps on a number of things and I find him to be capable
and competent. If Thorsten didn't sponsor him I would have.

I also never fully figured out why we insist on "real" identities or make
it difficult for people like Xyne to participate freely. In fact, I don't
think we have that as a requirement. You simply need to have a key and to
sign your application, so that we can verify your other prior activities
and create a hypothetical profile out of them. Displaying a real identity
is a bonus.

I believe our web of trust is flexible and works well. The final master key
signature requires a real verified identity. The other keys are there to
just show that most developers "trust" you to release packages. You may or
may not verify yourself, but if you don't you won't get the last signature.
It's a fair policy.

Anyway, good luck!

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1