[aur-general] PKGBUILD review request

Jesse Juhani Jaara jesse.jaara at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:30:19 EDT 2012

ma, 2012-04-30 kello 15:55 +0200, Bernhard D kirjoitti:
> Tanks for your help. I have corrected the build process according to
> your suggestions. The files can be found at:
> https://gist.github.com/2558499
Looking the PKGBUILD I would propose changing that horrible to read case
clutter to few ifs like this. Out kernel's are all at version 3 so no
need for the 2.6 version eather:

 if [ "$_dvbtype" = "c" ]; then
    if [ "$CARCH" = "i686" ]; then
      ./v4l/tbs-dvbc-x86_r3.sh
    else
      ./v4l/tbs-dvbc-x86_64.sh
    fi

  elif [ "$_dvbtype" = "s2" ]; then
    if [ "$CARCH" = "i686" ];then
      ./v4l/tbs-x86_r3.sh
    else
      ./v4l/tbs-x86_64.sh
    fi
  fi

Also lookin  ath the make files and stuff reveal the horrifyingness and
idiotism of this drivers packager/writer. The whole linux v4l is
included in the tarball and build by default, not to mention that it is
installed too. Owerwriting our webcam and video capture card driver
stack from some random version of kernel it totally out of order. So
instead of doing make install, copy only the tbs drivers by hand from
there. Even better hack and slash the make files to not even build all
those 5 gazillion other drivers.