[aur-general] away

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Wed Aug 1 13:02:57 EDT 2012

On 2 August 2012 00:30, Ike Devolder <ike.devolder at gmail.com> wrote:
> Op woensdag 1 augustus 2012 12:15:43 schreef Stéphane Gaudreault:
>
> Well then i'll drop the auto-updaters for community. but in general i find this
> very handy. i'll leave the scripts in the git repo for now but i'll drop the
> cronjob now.
>
> --Ike

Automating like this is very bad practice. I believe a maintainer's
job is to ensure that a package works before making it accessible to
everyone. Of course sometimes we're guilty of assuming stuff "should
probably just work" but let's not automate that attitude.

Otherwise it's OK if you push these to a testing repo me thinks. But
to do justice after you return you should check them one by one :P
Also you can do this on a case-by-case basis depending on how often
things are likely to break. Yet I think just auto building is fine but
not auto pushing.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1