[aur-general] Bash scripts in tarball

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Dec 9 02:09:31 EST 2012

Johannes Löthberg wrote:

>Hello,
>
>You are not allowed to include binaries and the source of packages in
>tarballs uploaded to the AUR, this also includes bash scripts of only a
>few KBs, no?

Hi,

In principle, the tarball should only contain a PKGBUILD and maybe a Pacman
install file. In practice some additional files are overlooked such as .desktop
files and very short launcher scripts, but even those are frowned upon. Users
are encourage to submit additional files upstream. When upstream is
unresponsive or hostile we recommend finding other online hosting.

Regards,
Xyne