[aur-general] Bash scripts in tarball

Johannes Löthberg kyrias at archlinux.info
Sun Dec 9 02:24:29 EST 2012

On 12/09/2012 08:09 AM, Xyne wrote:
> Johannes Löthberg wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> You are not allowed to include binaries and the source of packages in
>> tarballs uploaded to the AUR, this also includes bash scripts of only a
>> few KBs, no?
>
> Hi,
>
> In principle, the tarball should only contain a PKGBUILD and maybe a Pacman
> install file. In practice some additional files are overlooked such as .desktop
> files and very short launcher scripts, but even those are frowned upon. Users
> are encourage to submit additional files upstream. When upstream is
> unresponsive or hostile we recommend finding other online hosting.
>
> Regards,
> Xyne

Hello,

Thank you, I just wanted to get something black-on-white to point the
maintainer of https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/popular-packages/ to.

He was requested by an TU to not bundle the source in the tarball a
month ago and I told him again yesterday that you're not allowed to, and
his response was that it wasn't written anywhere that it wasn't allowed
and he "reminded me that I'm not a TU"

--
Kindest Regards,
  Johannes "Kyrias" Löthberg

595C 8E08 DAE1 4A56 492C  F750 BE76 C444 D848 45F1