[aur-general] A TU keeps removing harmless and relevant comments from my package's webpage

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Sat Dec 15 19:52:55 EST 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:22:25AM +1100, Xavion wrote:
> Dear TUs & Devs,
>
> For obvious reasons, I decided to add the following comment to my
> popular-packages
> <https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/popular-packages/>webpage on the
> AUR recently: "As I'm the author of this little script, I
> will always want it to remain in the AUR".

It'd be really great if you could find another place to host this
script. Regardless of the size, the AUR is not intended to be a source
repository. I realize you're not the only offender of this, but you've
brought it to the attention of the list, so there's really no choice.

> However, I just noticed that the comment has been removed.  I'm assuming
> that Alexander (xyproto)
> <https://aur.archlinux.org/account/xyproto>probably did this
> (silently) as he's the one who removed all prior comments
> a couple of days earlier.

It would be equally great if our TUs would refrain some such childish
actions and recall what the 'T' stands for.