[aur-general] A TU keeps removing harmless and relevant comments from my package's webpage

Xavion xavion.0 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 05:29:30 EST 2012

Hi All,

I had a feeling this matter would balloon out of proportion, so I took a
screenshot of the comments <http://i.imgur.com/nA5cK.png> before they were
deleted.  After these, the next two were supplied by Alexander (xyproto)
before he wiped them all.  The first of these seems to be a bit petulant in
my opinion.  It looks like he became a bit peeved and intimidated when I
mentioned being qualified.

Alexander's (xyproto) first:

> Your "well and truly qualified" statement is meaningless, unless you are
> aware of the qualifications of the people you talk to here, which I assume
> you are not. It's also offtopic.
>
> Fine.

Alexander's (xyproto) second:

> Removing all the comments, as they don't really add anything to the
> information about the package.

@ keenerd
I didn't ignore your comment; I responded to it within a day.  You then
ignored my comment!  You should get your facts straight before accusing.
By the way, thanks for attempting to pick faults with eight of my PKGBUILDs
overnight.  Forgive me for thinking that you've got even more spare time on
your hands than Alexander does.  Also, where does it say on the ArchWiki
that small Bash scripts must be housed outside of the tarball?  You've made
this change to my
popular-packages<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/popular-packages/>PKGBUILD
without noting where it states that doing so is mandatory.  I also
don't think this should have happened because Alexander (xyproto) himself
wrote in the comments linked above that I didn't actually have to make that
change!

@ Dave & Xyne
I appreciate your balanced comments.  It's good that you haven't taken one
side of the story and discarded the other.  I just want to note - for the
billionth time - that I didn't disregard official guidelines in the
PKGBUILD.  A full explanation of this is available in the aforementioned
comments log.

@ Alexander (xyproto)
It's pretty obvious to all but the bleakest of minds that you deleted the
first round of comments because I defeated all of your arguments and made
you look silly.  There's no way you'll ever admit to this, which is why you
simply deemed the comments irrelevant instead.  Also, you have carefully
dodged the matter of the second round of comment deletions.  You've only
elaborated about your decision to delete the first round, which wasn't what
I was complaining about in the first place!  My issue was that someone then
deleted my next comment, which was the only one listed there at the time:
"As I'm the author of this little script, I will always want it to remain
in the AUR".  It will be interesting to see whether you have the balls to
admit to deleting this isolated comment as well.  The next step would be
for you to formulate a semi-plausible reason for doing so in an attempt to
trick anyone reading this thread.

--
Regards, Xavion.