[aur-general] Compiling with UTF-8 symbols in build path

Paul Weingardt spam.nobody44 at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 20 05:12:35 EST 2012

Hello,
I just got a comment on my git-cola package, stating that the
compilation fails, when the path to the PKGBUILD contains a UTF-8 symbol
like the Euro "€" symbol.

Example:
The PKGBUILD is located under "/home/paul/€uro/". "cd" into that
directory and execute makepkg.

I am really sure, that this is an upstream problem (I guess it is even
an issue in python2-spinx) and I can't solve it. Would someone take a
look at it please?

Here is the error message:

Exception occurred:
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sphinx/environment.py", line 758, in read_doc
    pub.set_source(None, src_path.encode(fs_encoding))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 25: ordinal not in range(128)

Just tryed it out: fs_encoding is "UTF-8" on my machine.
And help is appreciated.

nobody44