[aur-general] Which aur uploader is better, aurploader or burp?

SanskritFritz sanskritfritz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:01:47 EST 2012

2012/2/17 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric at gmail.com>:
> 2012/2/17 Alireza Savand <alireza.savand at gmail.com>
>
>> For downloading yes of course it's nice to have one like yaourt, but for
>> uploading it's little bit useless.
>>

> No, it's really useful when you are updating your PKGBUILD on an headless
> server.

It *is* very useful. I maintain numerous aur packages, and using burp
is very convenient. I just do a

#!/usr/bin/fish
makepkg --source
burp (ls --sort=time *src.tar.gz | head -1)

Previously I used aurploader (anything associated with Xyne is
appealing since the times of bauerbill), but it forgot the
user/password too quickly, so I tried burp, which fits my needs better
in this regard. Both are great programs.