[aur-general] Deletion request - elilo-git

Keshav P R the.ridikulus.rat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 03:51:15 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 13:44, Massimiliano Torromeo
<massimiliano.torromeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM, Keshav P R <the.ridikulus.rat at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Also delete grub-legacy-efi-fedora
>>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=47979 , replaced by
>>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=56751 .
>>>
>>> - Keshav
>>
>> bump^2
>
> The reason nobody is willing to do this is probably because your
> package is obviously badly named (elilo-x86_64). There is no reason to
> name the package so. If it is x86_64 only, just put only x86_64 in
> arch=() instead of any, and just name the package "elilo".

Have you ever tried uefi booting? Or tried to find out why there are
two grub2-efi packages in extra repo. I think
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface#Detecting_UEFI_Firmware_Arch
should answer your question (or
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/grub2-efi-x86_64/trunk/PKGBUILD).

That x86_64 denoted UEFI ARCH which is independent of Kernel ARCH.
Same reason for grub-legacy-efi-fedora.

> If instead x86_64 is a build-only requirement, you should still name
> the package as just "elilo" and leave the compile time check that you
> did already put in place.
>
> Either way I don't see a valid reason to name it elilo-x86_64, but if
> you think we missed something, please clarify.
>
> Thanks.

If you wanted clarification you could have asked instead of waiting
for me to bump this. I can't read your mind to understand why this was
IGNORED. Asking for clarification is ok but ignoring the mail totally
is not. It shouldn't take you 3 days + bump to reply to my mail.
That's a basic courtesy any one would expect. Some reply to the mail
should have been given, especially when you guys have replied to other
such removal requests.

Regards.

Keshav