[aur-general] [arch-dev-public] Cleaning up orphaned packages

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 08:14:30 EST 2012

Hi,

>From [extra], I'm interested in adopting:
acpi
allegro
eclipse-cdt
fltk-docs
midori
orage
pwgen
tightvnc

Also, I think that all Haskell-related packages that are orphans or
flagged should be downgraded to [community].

I just checked, and only Vesa Kaihlavirta and Thomas Dziedzic maintain
Haskell-related packages in [core] and [extra].
70.6% of all Haskell-related packages are currently flagged as out of date. [1]
Provided this isn't done intentionally, I think it would be good to
make use of the available maintainer-power in [community] and
unsupported.

In general, I'm all for moving packages that are orphans, few or no
packages depend on or just isn't that relevant anymore. Like "boo".

--
Sincerely,
 Alexander Rødseth