[aur-general] orphaned community packages (intel-tbb, arpack, libmatio, xml-rpc and aspell-pt)

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 3 06:57:37 EST 2012

On 3 January 2012 07:39, Eduardo Martins Lopes <edumlopes at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I have an aur package (opencv-tbb https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=42121) that depends on intel-tbb, but this one is an orphaned community package and i would like to maintain it. Can i upload a pkbuild to the AUR (perhaps with the same name) ? There a few other orphans that would like to adopt, if it's possible:
>        * libmatio - http://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/i686/libmatio/
>        * arpack  - http://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/i686/arpack/
>        * xmlrpc-c - http://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/i686/xmlrpc-c/
>        * aspell-pt - http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/aspell-pt/
> Although i do not use the last ones (except for the dictionary), they fall within the scope of my interests.

Hello

I was supposed to bring intel-tbb to extra and build opencv against
it. I will do that soon, so you don't have to worry about that one
anymore and opencv from repos will have intel-tbb improvement.

As for the others, it depends on the maintainer, the package
popularity, whether it is in use as a make or optional dependency etc.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1