[aur-general] Rename `identicurse` and `identicurse-nogit`

Alex Belanger i.caught.air at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 19:21:57 EST 2012

For the information, his package ended up with the wrong name because the PKGBUILD contains this:

pkgname=identicurse
pkgver=git
pkgrel=1

Instead of:

pkgname='identicurse-git'
pkgver=20120123
pkgrel=1

The name of the package must end with -git in order to be a git package. Then the pkgver is the version, or in our case, the current date its submited to AUR for a git package.

- When a change is done in Git, your users will get the new files.
- If you ever have to update the PKGBUILD file for any reason, update the pkgver variable with the new current date, then upload to AUR as a new package, it'll automatically replace the older one with your fixes.
- If you have to do it twice in the same day, increment pkgrel to, say, 2 or 3, etc. but keep the same date.

SO!

The best way to go, again in my opinion, ask for a removal of both packages in the AUR, then fix the two PKGBUILDs and their names, then re-upload online. That's what I'd do.