[aur-general] Idea for AUR improvement

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Fri Jun 1 15:40:40 EDT 2012

Am Fri, 1 Jun 2012 20:20:14 +0200
schrieb Marcin 'sirmacik' Karpezo <marcin at karpezo.pl>:

> I think you misunderstood me. It's not about taking packages back if
> they are maintained. It's about giving orphaned packages back to the
> previous maintainer if they are still orphaned and he has logged in
> again and pushed some new packages to AUR or started maintaining some
> other packages.

What do you think a maintainer has orphaned a package or a package was
orphaned by a TU? Maybe the maintainer isn't interested in maintaining
it anymore? So why would you give those packages automatically back to
those previous maintainers who are not interested in them? They most
likely would feel annoyed by that and will orphan them again.

If you are interested in maintaining an orphaned package, feel free to
adopt and maintain it yourself.

Sorry, but really pointless idea.

Heiko