[aur-general] libusb request

BxS bxsbxs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:44:19 EDT 2012

On 06/06/2012 06:50 PM, Simon Gomizelj wrote:
> Isn't this why there's a libusb-testing package on AUR?

No, that is to install a testing version, is to install something that
isn't stable/released or in testing, like beta, rc etc...

What I was talking about is a released and stable version, like the one
that existed is Arch repos.

When I said testing, is testing the software that use libusb.

The thing is that testing your app against libusbx will never be the
same that testing against libusb, even if the 2 have the same API, they
will have for example different bugs, etc...

Also at some point libusbx will start adding and maybe even breaking the
API used by libusb.