[aur-general] Fwd: Re: Linux Manga Downloader

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:01:49 EDT 2012

2012/6/6 Jorge Barroso <jorge.barroso.11 at gmail.com>:
> 2012/6/6 rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com>

>> > Ok, thanks, but the problem is that I can't set an specific username,
>> > because it has to be  the installer username and trying with $USER it
>> > equally sets root as user... I think (y tried with chown in a patch as
>> well
>> > and this was the result)
>>
>> >Please send source tarball (or PKGBUILD, if it is the only file) that
>> >has the problem mentioned before (about image, etc.).
>>

> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59118 this is the package, you
> can download or see online the PKGBUILD there. I tried to use chown in this
> package, and it sets $USER as root :S

I was debugging your PKGBUILD and how the behavior of LDM, and I was
not able to find any problem related to user permissions. Maybe you
can enlighten me.

Only problem I figure out is that when the ~/.LMD do not exists,
running /usr/bin/lmd will report errors messages because it did not
find ~/LMD/options... That is upstream's fault, as it should be able
to figure out that ~/.LMD/options doesn't exist before trying to
source it... Is this the problem you are having script related?

Rafael