[aur-general] Fwd: Re: Linux Manga Downloader

Jorge Barroso jorge.barroso.11 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:23:29 EDT 2012

2012/6/7 rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com>

> >I was debugging your PKGBUILD and how the behavior of LDM, and I was
> >not able to find any problem related to user permissions. Maybe you
> >can enlighten me.
>
> >Only problem I figure out is that when the ~/.LMD do not exists,
> >running /usr/bin/lmd will report errors messages because it did not
> >find ~/LMD/options... That is upstream's fault, as it should be able
> >to figure out that ~/.LMD/options doesn't exist before trying to
> >source it... Is this the problem you are having script related

Yes, that's the problem I have, the source is made by a student, so it's
not complete, and I added a piece of source that checks if .LMD exists and
if it doesn't exists it is created, without having to make anything (sed -s
'325s#then#then\n\t[ ! -d ~/.LMD ] \&\& lmd -reconf#' -i
"${pkgdir}"/usr/bin/lmd) But as the program owner after the installation is
by default root, it doesn't works... moreover, the program can't be run as
root, so I tried to change the user, with chown, and after that, as it
doesn't worked, tried with another script on the post_install

*if {
[ ! -d /home/$USER /.LMD ]
   then
lmd -reconf
   else
echo "*\033[1;32m* .LMD already exists* \033[0m*"*

The problem is that $USER is root, so it works, but only on the /root
folder, and it should do that on the local user folder

So, the problem is... $USER shouldn't be 'root', but the local user (in my
case, for example, jorge). If I can do that I think the both two scripts
will work... but I don't know how...