[aur-general] Fwd: Re: Linux Manga Downloader

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:54:05 EDT 2012

2012/6/7 Jorge Barroso <jorge.barroso.11 at gmail.com>:
> 2012/6/7 rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com>
>

>> >I was debugging your PKGBUILD and how the behavior of LDM, and I was
>> >not able to find any problem related to user permissions. Maybe you
>> >can enlighten me.
>>
>> >Only problem I figure out is that when the ~/.LMD do not exists,
>> >running /usr/bin/lmd will report errors messages because it did not
>> >find ~/LMD/options... That is upstream's fault, as it should be able
>> >to figure out that ~/.LMD/options doesn't exist before trying to
>> >source it... Is this the problem you are having script related
>

> Yes, that's the problem I have, the source is made by a student, so it's
> not complete, and I added a piece of source that checks if .LMD exists and
> if it doesn't exists it is created, without having to make anything (sed -s
> '325s#then#then\n\t[ ! -d ~/.LMD ] \&\& lmd -reconf#' -i
> "${pkgdir}"/usr/bin/lmd)

yeah, I gave you this idea. ;) It has some problems, as LMD tried to
source ~/.LMD/options (in line 5) before this piece of source. Also,
why call "lmd -reconf" instead "lmd -reconf"? - not one of my
brightest idea.

> But as the program owner after the installation is
> by default root, it doesn't works... moreover, the program can't be run as
> root, so I tried to change the user, with chown, and after that, as it
> doesn't worked, tried with another script on the post_install
>
> *if {
> [ ! -d /home/$USER /.LMD ]
>   then
> lmd -reconf
>   else
> echo "*\033[1;32m* .LMD already exists* \033[0m*"*
>
> The problem is that $USER is root, so it works, but only on the /root
> folder, and it should do that on the local user folder
>
> So, the problem is... $USER shouldn't be 'root', but the local user (in my
> case, for example, jorge). If I can do that I think the both two scripts
> will work... but I don't know how...

You did not understand. If we are talking about same issue, the
problem is not a user permission related.

See below the output I get when ~/.LMD doesn't exist and I run
/usr/bin/lmd, installed with your package. This will happen only once,
as in the second time ~/.LMD was already created:

$ lmd
/usr/bin/lmd: line 5: /home/rafael/.LMD/options: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/lmd: line 6: source: /usr/share/lmd/langs/: is a directory
/usr/bin/lmd: line 5: /home/rafael/.LMD/options: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/lmd: line 6: source: /usr/share/lmd/langs/: is a directory
-reconf
completed

** (gtkdialog:12958): ERROR **: gtkdialog: Error in line 23, near
token '</label>': syntax error

/usr/bin/lmd: line 346: 12958 Trace/breakpoint trap   gtkdialog
--program=MAIN_DIALOG

Solution to this issue is: replace 'sed' code you mentioned above with
the patch I sent to the upstream [1] along with this line:  patch -p1
"${pkgdir}"/usr/bin/lmd lmd-run-reconf.patch

[1] http://code.google.com/p/linux-manga-downloader/issues/detail?id=4

Rafael