[aur-general] TU Application - Daniel Wallace (gtmanfred)

Daniel Wallace daniel.wallace at gatech.edu
Sun Jun 10 17:08:14 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 09:25:59PM +0200, Balló György wrote:
> >> So your main contribution as you see it now would be zsh completion?
> >>

> >> --
> >> GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1
> > I would consider that my biggest contribution in the form of code thus
> > far, but I consider helping people in #archilnux to be a larger
> > contribution.  I should also clarify the zsh completion stuff.  I have
> > been working on a couple of different utilities and plan on submitting
> > them upstream in the near future.
>
> Hi,
>
> I can't see a strong reason why you want to be a trusted user, since the
> main tasks are maintaining packages in [community] and managing AUR.
> It's nice that you want to make zsh completion scripts (however, it's
> generally an upstream task), but in a TU application, I would like to
> see, what kind of packages that you interested in maintaining in the future.
>
> What kind of packages are you interested in? Is there any popular
> packages in AUR that you may want to maintain in [community] in the
> future (even if it's not currently maintained by you)?
>
> --
> György

Good question,  I would really like to bring pianobar, archlinux-lxdm-theme,
ttf-symbola, termite-git, and livestreamer.

One of the big reasons I would like to be a TU is to help.  There are
5586 packages in community, and 34 TU's listed on [1] which is just
over 164 packages per TU.

Basically my goal as a TU is to do my best to help archlinux and the
aur be the best that it can and to give back to the great community
that has evolved around Archlinux.

1. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users