[aur-general] TU Application - Ike Devolder

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 07:27:48 EST 2012

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 07:09:36AM -0500, Stéphane Gaudreault wrote:
> Le 2012-03-02 07:03, Thomas Bächler a écrit :
> >>Heh, quite. I didn't claim to have logic on my side, I was just highlighting
> >>what our byelaws currently say.
> >>
> >>I said it was picky, but if we're happy for Devs to sponsor TU-ship, then we
> >>should just change the rules. I didn't want to create a big discussion out of
> >>this (unless of course people do disagree with devs being sponsors), so if
> >>there aren't any reasons contra, I'll put in a proposal to amend the byelaws.
> >>I guess this came from an original idea that the group of TUs are self-
> >>governing, independently of the developers.
> >I always highlight that the Arch core developers usually don't interfere
> >with the affairs of the TU group. In that sense, the bylaws make sense
> >by saying you need to TU to sponsor him. However, the important part
> >(voting) is done by TUs only. Personally, I always considered the
> >"sponsor" requirement an unnecessary formality anyway.
> >
> I thought about it andI have nointention to participate to the vote
> as I do not want to interfere with the required quorum. I am only
> sponsoring here and the final choice will be made by TUs only.
>
> Stéphane

In general i'm sure Stéphane will do a great job sponsoring (which in
most of the cases means, guarantee that the packages i will deliver have
the required quality), but on the other hand i think this whole TU group
"should" support newly accepted TU's in learning and improving their
skills.

Sponsored by this whole ArchLinux community i would like to help improve
the overall ArchLinux experience.

thx

--
Ike