[aur-general] TU sponsorship.

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Fri Mar 2 09:00:41 EST 2012

On Friday 02 Mar 2012 13:03:47 Thomas Bächler wrote:
> I always highlight that the Arch core developers usually don't interfere
> with the affairs of the TU group. In that sense, the bylaws make sense
> by saying you need to TU to sponsor him. However, the important part
> (voting) is done by TUs only.

Sure, that is probably the important thing. But we should at least ensure the
rules are consistent with our practice (or vice versa).

> Personally, I always considered the "sponsor" requirement an unnecessary
formality anyway.

Well, if that is a widely held view, then an alternative would be to remove
this sponsorship thing all together and just allow direct applications to the
list. Presumably it is designed to provide some sort of pre-application
vetting of candidates, to not waste everyone's time?

Pete.