[aur-general] TU Application - György Balló

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Fri Mar 2 08:06:46 EST 2012

Am Fri, 02 Mar 2012 07:11:21 -0500
schrieb Stéphane Gaudreault <stephane at archlinux.org>:

> STOP.
>
> Heiko, you had the chance to express you opinion about this
> application (and you did it in a totally inappropiate way).

I didn't do it in a inappropriate way. I did it in a factual way and
explained why I am concerned and what was going wrong.

I even said that I probably do him wrong with some of my questions.
Nevertheless it's fact that this package couldn't be built. You can't
argue it away.

It was some other people who thought to need to offend me in an
inappropriate way. So they get an adequate answer.

> REPEAT: Please stop such nonconstructive messages.

Sorry, but my concerns aren't nonconstructive. But as the question, so
the answer.

Stop offending me, discuss in a factual way with me and you will get
factual answers from me.

If I'm so wrong with my concerns then explain it to me. I only got
answers like "grow up", "AUR helpers are not officially supported" even
if split packages are not supported, neither officially nor
unofficially, by AUR, "Wow, I never seen somebody who maintains so many
packages" etc.

Quantity is not the same as quality, btw.

Give factual reasons why his packages are so good and I'm so wrong, and
everything is good. Otherwise think if he is really that good and
trustworthy resp. that his knowledge is already good enough.

E.g. explain to me why a package needs to have two completely different
depends arrays one also with a "true &&" before. For me this looks like
bad packaging, sorry.

Btw., I didn't want to say that he personally is not trustworthy. But
I'm not sure if he has sufficient knowledge, yet.

Heiko