[aur-general] TU Application - Ike Devolder

Bjoern Lindig bjoern.lindig at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 3 15:02:48 EST 2012

Hi Xyne,

this is the noop listening your conversations ...

> I too think that your PKGBUILDs look good. They're clean and
> well-structured. The only issue I see is the lack of variable
> quoting, e.g. I've seen this is many of them:
>
> make DESTDIR=${pkgdir} install
>
> That will not work if there is a space on the pkgdir path. For
> example:
>
> $ mkdir 'foo bar'
> $ foo='foo bar'
> $ cd ${foo}
> bash: cd: foo: No such file or directory

I'd like to pick up the chance to clearify this for my personal record,
because I had problem with the space in the pkgdir path. What do you
suggest? Is this meant by "variable quoting"?

$ cd "${foo}"

What would be a apropriate solution in the PKGBUILD? This?

make DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install

Best,

Bjoern