[aur-general] Removal request: virtualbox-sun

Det nimetonmaili at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:58:03 EDT 2012

On 27.3.2012 0:39, Seblu wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Det<nimetonmaili at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> While it's true that -sun is the original one it's also the one with the incorrect naming
> If i remember correctly first was virtualbox_bin[1] (which was
> renammed into virtualbox-bin last year).

Even better.

>> Even if -sun was to stay here the "better" stuff in -bin would have to be
>> implemented there first before the removal and the renaming.
> I don't understand your sentence. Is there something missing in -bin
> that you need?

No, I mean that if -bin was removed, then the missing "-bin stuff"
should be implemented in -sun, before -bin was removed and -sun renamed
to -bin. But this was when I still thought that -sun was the original
one. Since it's not, there's no reason anymore for keeping it.

> I remind everyone is encouraged to use the version in the official
> repositories[2].
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=virtualbox_bin
> [2] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/virtualbox/

Actually, yeah. I forgot the "PUEL" stuff is nowadays available through
the extension pack.

But this should, of course, still be taken care of.

                          Det