[aur-general] Removal request: fenics group packages

speps speps at gmx.com
Fri May 18 12:55:27 EDT 2012

On Fri, 18 May 2012 15:06:57 +0100
Myles English <mylesenglish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was maintaining these packages:
>
> dolfin
> ffc
> fiat
> instant
> ufc
> ufl
> viper
>
> Please would a TU delete them and transfer the votes to the *-bzr
> versions that I have replaced them with.
>
> I orphaned the packages over a week ago and gave one week's notice in a
> comment on each page that they would be removed.  I also announced the
> removal/migration on the dolfin mailing list.
>
> (The instant package migrated to instan-bzr because the source package
> name was too long to call it instant-bzr.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Myles

Hi Myles,
thanks for reporting this, but probably merging here is not a good idea.

Your *-bzr provides a vcs version of the software.
Having stable releases too is not a problem.

You mentioned there are some issues with building the stable release of dolfin,
well probably someone else could take care of them and fix em.
Having a quick look at your pastebin (in a dolfin comment), seems like it is
a gcc 4.7 issue. Btw, rapidly searching I've got confirmation and found this to
be already reported and solved yet on the dolfin BTS [1].

Here is the commit patch that solves the issue [2].

Now, your choice. If you mind, you may re-adopt those packages by applying the
patch. Otherwise, just do not care about em.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/dolfin/+bug/999025
[2] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dolfin-core/dolfin/trunk/diff/6663

Cheers

- speps -