[aur-general] Migrating name for python-{xlrd, xlwt, xlutils} before Py3 release

Aaron DeVore aaron.devore at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 22:38:00 EST 2012

I maintain the packages for xlrd, xlwt, and xlutils in the AUR. The project
behind them, python-excel, will probably release a Python 3 version within
the next few months.

Currently, each product has two packages with the prefix python-* and
python2-*. Both point to a Python 2 version, but I will eventually move the
python- packages to use Python 3. The python-* packages have a description
that adds on something like "(Use python2-xlrd!)". Should I have the
python-* packages deleted, then recreate them when a Python 3 version is
released?