[aur-general] Disown request: tmux-git

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:56:12 EDT 2012

Hi,

He was using his a custom git repo at:
git://github.com/ThomasAdam/tmux.git
Instead of the official one at:
git://tmux.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/tmux/tmux
This was the main reason I disowned it so readily. Using a custom git
repo does not instill trust.

In addition to this, it was both flagged for a while (+1 for
disowning) and being requested for being disowned here (another +1 in
my book).

If he had been using the official repo, or the package was named
something like "tmux-funny-custom-repo-git", I would have put
particular care into checking that the maintainer was indeed emailed
two weeks in advance, without any reply back. Look only to previous
disown requests for a confirmation that this how I normally handle
things, if there is any doubt.

Hope this clears things up and/or is understandable and/or is easily forgivable.

PS. Thanks for the support, Dave. I think I speak for all TUs when I
say that the Devs does a brilliant job as well.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander Rødseth