[aur-general] Copy.com dueling packages

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Tue Apr 2 15:29:35 EDT 2013

On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 20:35:27 +0200
Jelle van der Waa <jelle at vdwaa.nl> wrote:

> On 02/04/13 17:59, Jonathan Arnold wrote:
> > There are 2 packages for the Copy.com client software package:
> >
> > copy - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/copy/
> > copy-agent - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/copy-agent/
> >
> > I think both have PKGBUILD problems, from dependencies (the Copy.com
> > software uses Qt4, not Gtk, for instance) to poorly formed PKGBUILDs
> > (one has just a package() method and one has just a build() method).
> > I'm not really sure how this should be resolved, mostly because I
> > wouldn't pick one over the other right now.
> >
> > Any one with more PKGBUILD confidence want to step in?
> >
> > Also, if you're interested, sign up with this link and we both get
> > an extra 5gb(!) of cloud storage on copy.com:
> >
> > https://copy.com?r=NXWnIn
> >
> Imo the 'copy' package is perfectly fine. The other package installs
> in /opt which isn't needed.

Actually, I think you mean the copy-agent one. That has the correct
dependency, as well as correctly uses the package() function, and not
the build() function that the copy one does. And doesn't ln -s to
programs in the /opt folder.

--
Jonathan Arnold        Webstream: http://hieronymus.soup.io

Talent wins games, but team work and intelligence wins championships.
Michael Jordan