[aur-general] pacman 4.1 (makepkg 4.1) bazaar pkgver autobump problem

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 07:10:33 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Stefan Husmann
<stefan-husmann at t-online.de> wrote:
[...]
> this gives :
> [haawda at frege 4.1]$ LANG=C makepkg
> ==> Making package: emacs-xwidget-bzr 101273-1 (Thu Apr  4
> 10:19:00 CEST 2013)
> ==> Checking runtime dependencies...
> ==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
> ==> Retrieving sources...
>   -> Branching http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/xwidget
> bzr: ERROR: No such file:
> u'/home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-xwidget-bzr/4.1/xwidget/.bzr':
> [Errno 20]
> Not a directory:
> '/home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-xwidget-bzr/4.1/xwidget/.bzr'
> ==> ERROR: Failure while branching
> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/xwidget
>     Aborting...
>
> Any clues?

For a start, I'm not seeing the usual $srcdir in that path, as there's
no src/, but that might be your config.
I also don't know in what state of $srcdir (and cwd) pkgver() is
executed - that could be documented though.
The other thing that comes in mind is that those error messages
conflict in that path first in not being a file, then not being a
directory (does it exist after it breaks?).
Also, there are bug reports and discussions on debuntu about that bzr
[Errno 20] in their packaging scripts.

Use the source, Luke!
mar77i