[aur-general] pacman 4.1 (makepkg 4.1) bazaar pkgver autobump problem

Alucryd alucryd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 09:04:19 EDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 13:10 +0200, Martti Kühne wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Stefan Husmann
> <stefan-husmann at t-online.de> wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > this gives :
> > [haawda at frege 4.1]$ LANG=C makepkg
> > ==> Making package: emacs-xwidget-bzr 101273-1 (Thu Apr  4
> > 10:19:00 CEST 2013)
> > ==> Checking runtime dependencies...
> > ==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
> > ==> Retrieving sources...
> >   -> Branching http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/xwidget
> > bzr: ERROR: No such file:
> > u'/home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-xwidget-bzr/4.1/xwidget/.bzr':
> > [Errno 20]
> > Not a directory:
> > '/home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-xwidget-bzr/4.1/xwidget/.bzr'
> > ==> ERROR: Failure while branching
> > http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/xwidget
> >     Aborting...
> >
> > Any clues?
> >

> For a start, I'm not seeing the usual $srcdir in that path, as there's
> no src/, but that might be your config.
> I also don't know in what state of $srcdir (and cwd) pkgver() is
> executed - that could be documented though.
> The other thing that comes in mind is that those error messages
> conflict in that path first in not being a file, then not being a
> directory (does it exist after it breaks?).
> Also, there are bug reports and discussions on debuntu about that bzr
> [Errno 20] in their packaging scripts.
>
> Use the source, Luke!
> mar77i

FYI, I've settled with this for my bzr PKGBUILDs [1]. Only problem is,
this works well when first installing the package (even the pkgver bump)
and the repo has not been pulled yet, but it fails at any subsequent
attempt, throwing this:

==> Making package: pantheon-notify-bzr 24-1 (Thu Apr  4 14:30:31 CEST 2013)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
==> ERROR: /home/alucryd/Downloads/pantheon-notify is not a branch of https://code.launchpad.net/~tombeckmann/pantheon-notify/trunk
    Aborting...

Makepkg uses 'bzr config parent_location' to determine the upstream url,
which, in this case is
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~tombeckmann/pantheon-notify/trunk/ and not
the url in my source array. I'm not sure this qualifies as a bug, but
you have to make sure the upstream url is the one reported by that
command. I have prepared a small patch for makepkg to print the correct
url, I'll open a bug later today and see if the patch can be merged.

[1]
https://github.com/Alucryd/aur-alucryd/blob/master/pantheon/devel/pantheon-notify-bzr/PKGBUILD

Cheers
--