[aur-general] pacman 4.1 (makepkg 4.1) bazaar pkgver autobump problem

Gary van der Merwe garyvdm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 09:26:42 EDT 2013

Hi all.

I'm the one wrote the Bazaar makepkg support, so any bugs are my fault.

On 04/04/2013 10:24, Stefan Husmann wrote:
> ==> Retrieving sources...
>    -> Branching http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/xwidget
> bzr: ERROR: No such file:
> u'/home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-xwidget-bzr/4.1/xwidget/.bzr':
> [Errno 20]
> Not a directory:
> '/home/haawda/paketierung/maintained_by_me/emacs-xwidget-bzr/4.1/xwidget/.bzr'
>
> ==> ERROR: Failure while branching
> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/xwidget
>      Aborting...

This error has happened before pkgver is reached, and so the problem is
not with your pkgver function.

I'm busy running makepkg on your PKGBUILD to see if I reproduce the error.

 > pkgver() {
 >    bzr version-info $srcdir/$_bzrmod | awk '/revno:/ {print $2}'
 > }

An easier way to do this is by using bzr version-info's built in
templating:

pkgver() {
    bzr version-info $srcdir/$_bzrmod --custom --template="{revno}\n"
}

(see `bzr help version-info` for a list of fields you can use)

On 04/04/2013 15:04, Alucryd wrote:
> FYI, I've settled with this for my bzr PKGBUILDs [1]. Only problem
> is, this works well when first installing the package (even the
> pkgver bump) and the repo has not been pulled yet, but it fails at
> any subsequent attempt, throwing this:
>
> ==> Making package: pantheon-notify-bzr 24-1 (Thu Apr 4 14:30:31
> CEST  2013)
> ==> Checking runtime dependencies...
 > ==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
 > ==> Retrieving sources...
 > ==> ERROR: /home/alucryd/Downloads/pantheon-notify is not a branch
 > of https://code.launchpad.net/~tombeckmann/pantheon-notify/trunk
> Aborting...
>
> Makepkg uses 'bzr config parent_location' to determine the upstream
> url, which, in this case is
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~tombeckmann/pantheon-notify/trunk/ and
> not the url in my source array. I'm not sure this qualifies as a bug,
> but you have to make sure the upstream url is the one reported by
> that command. I have prepared a small patch for makepkg to print the
> correct url, I'll open a bug later today and see if the patch can be
> merged.

Just a note on why the url you have provided and the url stored in the
bzr config are different is because launchpad will return a http
permanent redirect.

My recommendation would be to use the url it redirects to.

However, I agree that this solution is not the greatest. One thing it
stops you from doing is using bzr's directory service urls (e.g. lp:)
So I look forward to your patch.

Regards,

Gary