[aur-general] VCS PKGBUILD and Pacman 4.1: increase epoch?

Cédric Girard girard.cedric at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 10:02:29 EDT 2013

Hello,

I was wondering, as I am updating my PKGBUILDs to use the new VCS
features of pacman, if this specific case need an epoch increase for
those packages.

Packages version were generated from the date (eg 20130401) and thus
will probably be bigger than new versions from the tags (eg
0.3.1.32.gfb4117d). Thus an epoch increase should be needed to have a
correct behavior.

But it seems most packagers are not increasing the epoch as they are
switching to this new versionning scheme.

Is there a recommendation on this?

--
Cédric Girard