[aur-general] Merge request: openarena-data

speps speps at gmx.com
Mon Dec 9 13:56:44 EST 2013

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 18:28:12 +0100
Nowaker <enwukaer at gmail.com> wrote:

> > In addition to this, if you don't want to maintain the from-source package
> > any more, please disown it so that someone who does can take over
> > maintaining it.
>
> This package was dropped from community to AUR 2 months ago, and nobody
> was interested in it for 1.5 months before I adopted it. So if I'm to
> reupload this package as openarena-bin, I don't see any reason to leave
> the old openarena as is. If anyone ever thinks it's reasonable to
> provide source-compiled openarena, they will just create a new package.
> The name will be free to take at any time. Does it sound good?

The fact that no one adopted openarena{,-data} in two months in not relevant.
Maybe no one noticed it was dropped to the AUR (I'm one of them).
Also the package was fine, so while it builds there's no need of deleting
an unmaintained package on AUR.

Btw, reading the comments [1] I see you opted for using the pre-built binary
since a user noticed that the PKGBUILD was using old source releases.

Well, I just tried with the sources I linked in the previous mail [2]
(latest 0.8.8) and it works fine.

So if you are not going to take care of this, just orphan them both
and upload your openarena-bin package; someone else will adopt em.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openarena/
[2] http://openarena.ws/page.php?14

- speps -