[aur-general] Corrected package ekeyd ready for AUR

Doug Newgard scimmia22 at outlook.com
Thu Dec 12 22:29:43 EST 2013

> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 01:13:59 +0000
> From: thomas at preissler.co.uk
> To: aur-general at archlinux.org
> Subject: [aur-general] Corrected package ekeyd ready for AUR
>
> Hello,
>
> I am using the entropy key from Simtec and I found the ekeyd package on
> AUR - unfortunately there are some problems with it, as outlined.
>
> Changes I have done to the original tarball:
> * Fixed the problem compiling with host/lstate.c.
> * Added a systemd unit egd-linux.service.
>
> Source package is attached for your review, guys, this is my very first
> one, so please bear with me...
>

> Regards
>
> Thomas

Patching/sed should be done in a separate prepare function.
Does the make install need those _make_flags? If not, it would make more sense to not define a new variable, just include them in the make in the build function. For that matter, the _base_distro variable doesn't really do anything, but I can understand that so that it's easier to change.
Please quote all path that contain $srcdir or $pkgdir. You don't know if they contain spaces or not.
No reason to use "${srcdir}/../egd-linux.service", "${srcdir}/egd-linux.service" is just fine.
Not a big deal, but the variable at the top are usually defined in a specific order. It works fine as is, just a little jarring. See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pkgbuild