[aur-general] Merge and disown request

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Sat Dec 28 04:29:44 EST 2013

On Tuesday 24 December 2013 14:02:43 Armin K. wrote:
> I've contacted the maintainers of clang-svn two weeks ago (see comments)
> but he didn't responded yet. I'd like you to disown clang-svn so someone
> else can step up maintaining, but since I've asked maintainer of
> llvm-svn (which you can also see in comments of llvm-svn package) to
> merge clang-svn into it, you can go ahead and merge it instead of
> disowning it first, then merging it later.
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/clang-svn into
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/llvm-svn

Hi.
First, our rules assume communication with the maintainer via e-mail [1, the
third paragraph], because some people disable notifications about new
comments. And this package isn't marked as out-of-date.
Second, I don't think merging clang into llvm is a good idea. I believe that
packages in AUR must not contain several different packages (as clang and
llvm), because it creates difficulties when creating a dependency tree and
finding a needed package.

tl;dr
I will not merge clang into llvm, but if other TU thinks otherwise he may do
it. And for disown the package you must contact with its maintainer via e-
mail.

Happy New Year =)

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR#Other_requests
--