[aur-general] Disown request: gnuradio-git

Johannes Löthberg kyrias at archlinux.info
Tue Feb 5 05:59:45 EST 2013

On 05/02/2013 10:24, Dominik Heidler wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to take maintainership of the
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gnuradio-git
> package.
>
> There are changes on the PKGBUILD needed to get the python-bindings
> working again - and some dependency updates.
>
> I've placed a comment on that package on 2012-11-18 without any
> reaction
> until now. The package was last updated 2012-05-04 - and the
> maintainer
> doesn't seem to have updated any package in the last 6 months. I've
> sent
> him directly an email on 2013-01-29 but he didn't respond.
>
> My username on AUR is "asdil12".
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dominik

Hello,

Standard protocol per [1] is to flag the package out of date and then
send the maintainer an email if they do not update the package. After
that you're supposed to wait two weeks for the maintainer to respond
before sending an orphan request to AUR-general.

Although the package in question isn't flagged out of date several of
his other packages, both flagged and not, are outdated.

  [1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_User_Guidelines#Q:_Foo_in_AUR_is_outdated.3B_what_do_I_do.3F