[aur-general] Disown request: gnuradio-git and gnuradio

Dominik Heidler dheidler at suse.de
Mon Feb 11 06:31:16 EST 2013

 On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:59:45 +0100, Johannes Löthberg wrote:
> On 05/02/2013 10:24, Dominik Heidler wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'd like to take maintainership of the
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gnuradio-git
>> package.
>>
>> There are changes on the PKGBUILD needed to get the python-bindings
>> working again - and some dependency updates.
>>
>> I've placed a comment on that package on 2012-11-18 without any
>> reaction
>> until now. The package was last updated 2012-05-04 - and the
>> maintainer
>> doesn't seem to have updated any package in the last 6 months. I've
>> sent
>> him directly an email on 2013-01-29 but he didn't respond.
>>
>> My username on AUR is "asdil12".
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dominik
>
> Hello,
>
> Standard protocol per [1] is to flag the package out of date and then
> send the maintainer an email if they do not update the package. After
> that you're supposed to wait two weeks for the maintainer to respond
> before sending an orphan request to AUR-general.
>
> Although the package in question isn't flagged out of date several of
> his other packages, both flagged and not, are outdated.
>

>  [1]
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_User_Guidelines#Q:_Foo_in_AUR_is_outdated.3B_what_do_I_do.3F

 Hi,

 I set the out-of-date flag for the gnuradio-git package and sent an
 email (on 2013-02-05) to the maintainer, and asked him, if I could
 maintain the gnuradio-git and the gnuradio package.

 Today I got a response:

 But he didn't set the packages to orphan.
 Is thisn already sufficient to change the maintainership, or will I
 still have to wait one more week?

 regards,

 Dominik