[aur-general] Delete/Merge Requests

Doug Newgard scimmia22 at outlook.com
Sat Feb 16 19:01:44 EST 2013

> From: alucryd at gmail.com
> To: aur-general at archlinux.org
> Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 00:34:54 +0100
> Subject: Re: [aur-general] Delete/Merge Requests
>
> On Sat, 2013-02-16 at 22:25 +0100, Stefan Husmann wrote:
> > Hello,

> > * efl-svn https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/efl-svn/ to be deleted
> > * efl-git https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/efl-git/
> >

> All merged.
> Doug: please send a delete request for efl-svn when you feel most users
> have switched.

I plan on it. I'll actually have 28 packages to merge once the switch is
complete. I'm a bit OCD and wouldn't just leave them, I went through most
of the Enlightenment packages in the AUR already and cleaned up a bunch
of stuff.

> > * geneet-svn https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/geneet-svn/ enlightenment has moved to git, PKGBUILD hs no description
> > * geneet-git https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/geneet-git/
> >

> svn still exists, git package does not point to the official
> enlightenment git repos, is orphaned and has no description. I would
> delete the git for now. What do others think?

That git repo is Profusion's, who does a lot of work on Enlightenment.
>From what I can tell, geneet was developed there, then moved into
Enlightenment's official svn repo. I would say that geneet-svn is the current
official version. You can delete geneet-git, but it'll end up being recreated
when they switch that program to the new git repo, so it doesn't really matter.