[aur-general] Merge packages

Hilton Medeiros medeiros.hilton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:33:43 EST 2013

On 01/17/2013 10:44 PM, Evangelos Foutras wrote:
> On 18/01/13 02:36, Jonathan Arnold wrote:
>> I've created a new package[1], source-code-pro-fonts for Adobe's Source
>> Code Pro font that includes both the TTF and OTF files. Can you merge
>> and delete the otf-source-code-pro[2] and ttf-source-code-pro[3]
>> packages with it? The otf-source-code-pro maintainer and I discussed it
>> on the otf-source-code-pro package page and he's good with that.
>>
>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/source-code-pro-fonts/
>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/otf-source-code-pro/notify/
>> [3] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ttf-source-code-pro/
> Done, thanks.

Hello,

the new package 'source-code-pro-fonts' installs both TTF and OTF. With
both installed how do I know which one will be used by default on GNOME
and other applications?
We have lots of ttf- and otf- packages on AUR, and I thought we had good
reason for that. Is this a new way to package fonts?