[aur-general] Request for comments: new tdom package - replace or additional git

Limao Luo luolimao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 00:47:30 EST 2013

On 01/29/2013 07:41 PM, Uwe Koloska wrote:
> On 29.01.2013 01:50, Daniel Wallace wrote:
>> try http://ix.io/4bk
>> and configure the --mandir so you can just get dir of the mkdir and
>> mv commands all together.
> The tip from the Arch wiki:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VCS_PKGBUILD_Guidelines is slightly
> different ...
> Should I reflect the changes (the quotes) at least there?
>
> What about using "--depth=1" when doing "git clone" from the remote repo?
Since you're not manipulating past commits or non-master branches,
that's fine for this package, yes.
> And why did you remove the '()' around
>    cd "${_gitname}" && git pull origin
> A makepkg function is a normal shellscript, isn't it?
Yes, absolutely.
> If it is, the following lines will be executed inside ${_gitname} and
> that is not what I want -- maybe I'm wrong.
No, you're right; the PKGBUILD-git.proto uses

   rm -rf "$srcdir/$_gitname-build"
   git clone "$srcdir/$_gitname" "$srcdir/$_gitname-build"
   cd "$srcdir/$_gitname-build"

which doesn't use relative paths; however, since your PKGBUILD does use
relative paths, removing the parentheses will cause it to not build when
the .git dir already exists.