[aur-general] AUR cleanup policy

Karol Woźniak wozniakk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 19:27:45 EDT 2013

On 19 June 2013 23:49, Doug Newgard <scimmia22 at outlook.com> wrote:

> I don't think anyone's suggesting just removing them en mass, but removing them if upstream is gone, they don't build, and haven't been updated in a long time. In that situation, what would the reason be to keep them?

For example there might be some patches already applied which could
help a possible future maintainer to bring the package back to life.
And even if not, someone might find an application he needs through
our search and then adopt it. I sometimes do it myself, instead of
googling around for something, I go straight to yaourt -Ss with some
keywords :).

--
Pozdrawiam,
    Karol Woźniak