[aur-general] Easy way to find out package dependencies

oliver oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Sun Mar 3 10:13:27 EST 2013

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 10:02:57AM +0100, Christoph Vigano wrote:
[...]
> This would only work if there is some kind of already existing PGKBUILD,
> but I think he tries to write one from scratch for a software not yet in
> the official repos or the AUR.
[...]

Yes, that's correct.
I start with the sources and a PKGBUILD-template from another project.

> Using namcap and elf2pkgs is then the best solution to figure out the
> corresponding packages in the repos.

OK.

So I can use the build mechanism from the original sources,
and then use elf2pkgs and/or namcap and it gives me the pkgnames?
These then I can put into the PKGBUILD and things should work.

If this is the recipe, i will try it...

Ciao,
   Oliver