[aur-general] Fighting spam on the AUR

Eduardo Machado eduardo.machado at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 10:53:21 EDT 2013

I think that one captcha only, in the creation of an account, doesn't hurt.

And i liked the idea posted by Xyne, but with a few improvements: instead
of putting actions for TU's reviews, it should be an queue of actions by
users, so it can be undone rapidly and with one shot!
So, if a red light is fired by an user, only in this case the TU have to
act, and mark all the user actions to be undone (checkboxes, a "mark all"
button, and an undo button).
In this case, all the damage made in hours by a bad user can be undone in a
second by a TU.

These two solutions together should discourage such actions.

What do you think?

---
   Eduardo M. Machado
   Engenheiro de Computação