[aur-general] Disown request: offlineimap-git

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 19:00:00 EDT 2013

On 3/18/13, Jonathan Arnold <jdarnold at buddydog.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 16:48:44 +0100
> Ike Devolder <ike.devolder at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Op zondag 17 maart 2013 15:30:28 schreef Jakub Klinkovský:
>> > Please disown offlineimap-git[1]. The package is out-of-date for
>> > more than a year and doesn't build.
>> >
>> > [1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/offlineimap-git/
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Jakub Klinkovský
>>
>> take it, its yours
>>

> I hate to be anal (it just isn't my style), but shouldn't the "2 week
> notice" rule still be followed here?
>
> --
> Jonathan Arnold        Webstream: http://hieronymus.soup.io
>
> Talent wins games, but team work and intelligence wins championships.
> Michael Jordan

Think about it. It's out of date for literally years, and people, the
maintainer included, don't seem to have bothered. I believe to
remember there was a clause on the requests' wiki page that said
something like "usually, except circumstances really tell a shitty
story about the package's maintenance"...

I thought about mentioning it, too, but didn't, because if you look at
the facts, common sense applies.

cheers!
mar77i