[aur-general] Strange filesystem conflict behavior

Kyle kyle at gmx.ca
Tue Mar 26 14:55:53 EDT 2013

According to Dave Reisner:
# provides = ('espeak')

Yes. I have that as well as conflicts=espeak in my PKGBUILD. I still get
the conflict error, which seems it should have been resolved by
including conflicts=espeak and provides=espeak in the PKGBUILD.

pacman -Rdd

Does work, and may be a good solution for now. It is probably better
than removing the espeak-data directory, but it still doesn't solve the
initial problem, which seems to occur only when a directory is replaced
by a file of the same name in an explicitly conflicting package.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"