[aur-general] python2-crack question

SpinFlo sl1pkn07 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 23:09:47 EDT 2013

2013/5/10 Gabriel B. Casella <gbc921 at gmail.com>

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have adopted my first package[1] on AUR (=D) and would like to know if is
> there a need to increase the "pkgrel" variable as I fixed a small error in
> the "build()" and "package()" functions. Also, I changed the sums to SHA256
> instead of MD5.
>
> By the way, this package has the MIT/X license (python stuff) and I've seen
> on the PKGBUILD wiki [2] that, in this case, the license should be stored
> in /usr/share/licenses/pkg.
> But, would this be just copying it to the folder or what?
>
> Sincerely,
>

> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-crack/
> [2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#license
>

> *---*
> *Gabriel B. Casella*
> "Nothing is impossible, impossible just takes longer"

Hi Gabriel

the package the license is include in readme and install files

in this case need install two files

install -Dm644 README ${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/${pkgname}/README
install -Dm644 INSTALL ${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/${pkgname}/INSTALL

or extract that licenses fron that files and put on in License1 and
License2 (or both in same file) and install in the same metod

i've download your package, and namcap say this:

   python2-crack E: ELF file ('usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/_crack.so')
found in an 'any' package.

in this case need add arch=('x86_64'  'i686') instead arch=('any')

and

   python2-crack E: Dependency python detected and not included (programs
['python'] needed in scripts ['usr/share/doc/python-crack/checkpass.py'])

this need more package workground, for example "sed" all .py script to
change python to python2 (if you want only python2 package)

like: find -type f -name '*.py*' -exec sed -i 's|/usr/bin/python$|&2|g' {}
\;

note: the patch is in prepare() function, not in build()

greetings