[aur-general] python2-crack question

Doug Newgard scimmia22 at outlook.com
Mon May 13 09:46:48 EDT 2013

> From: gbc921 at gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 10:33:03 -0300
> To: aur-general at archlinux.org
> Subject: Re: [aur-general] python2-crack question
>
> Thanks man!
>
> I've implemented and everything works fine!
> (though namcap still complains about the license)
>
> Should I increase the "pkgrel" or is not the case?

If the resulting package is different, either the pkgver or the pkgrel should change

> If you can take a look at the PKGBUILD again just to make sure that
> prepare() and build() have the commands at the right place, I would
> appreciate.

You want to the configure command in the build function. Other than that, you're fine with command locations. You should put quotes around any variables that could expand to include spaces ($pkgdir and $srcdir especially).

> ---
> BTW, I could not fully understand the sed command.
>
> I know (or I suppose) that is looking for anything with /usr/bin/python$
> and inserting two at the end. But, why the "s pipe" at the beggining and
> "pipe g" at the end?
> Also, why having "{} \;" at the end? Is it the termination condition of the
> sed/exec?

Those aren't "pipes", they're separators for the sed command. Read up on the sed command http://www.gnu.org/software/sed/manual/sed.html, especially section 3.5.
When using find, {} stand for the found file, and \; terminates the -exec part of the find command.