[aur-general] PKGBUILD for zetacoin-qt-git

Bruno Jimenez brunojimen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 18:36:54 EDT 2013

Hi,

Here's the new PKGBUILD: http://pastebin.com/fL2JUH3Q
The zetacoin-qt.desktop and zetacoin-qt-git.install are the same as
before.

On Fri, 2013-11-01 at 16:18 -0400, Jeremy Audet wrote:
> Some improvements:
>
> 1. Add zetacoin-qt.desktop to the `source` and `sha256sums` arrays.

They were already added, do you mean zetacoin-qt-git.install?

> 2. Add a function named `pkgver` to the PKGBUILD file. [1] This function
> will allow `makepkg` to update the version number automatically, relieving
> you of the need to update the version number by hand.

Added the same one that mesa-git uses, would it serve?

> 3. The comment at the top of the package should say "Based on terracoin-qt
> PKGBUILD", not "Based in terracoin-qt PKGBUILD".

Thanks for this, english isn't my mother language and I usually confuse
prepositions as in this case.

> 4. Consider explicitly `cd`-ing into the `$srcdir` directory. Though this
> step is not strictly necessary, it makes your intent more clear to others
> reading through the PKGBUILD. As a Python programmer would say, "Explicit
> is better than implicit."

Here I'm afraid that I'm not following you. What do you mean with
'cd'-ing explicitly?

> 5. Consider removing the "miniupnpc" dependency from the package. `namcap`
> warns that it is not necessary. Do not remote the dependency blindly,
> though: namcap is sometimes wrong about dependencies.

I have removed the 'miniupnpc' dependency and recompiled it, it didn't
complain. I have this package installed and it seems to work, so I think
it may be safe to remove it.

> I am not knowledgeable about GUI applications, so I cannot comment on the
> .desktop or .install files.

Neither I am, this is just an adaptation of the terracoin-qt PKGBUILD so
it works with zetacoin-qt

> [1]
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VCS_PKGBUILD_Guidelines#The_pkgver.28.29_function

Thanks in advance!