[aur-general] Disown request - slim-git

WorMzy Tykashi wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 08:49:44 EST 2013

On 13 November 2013 13:12, Maxime Gauduin <alucryd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM, WorMzy Tykashi <wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > On 10 November 2013 11:35, WorMzy Tykashi <wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I emailed the current maintainer two weeks ago about updating
> > > slim-git's[1] PKGBUILD, but haven't had any response. I'd like to take
> > over
> > > ownership, and merge slimlock-git[2] into it, since these two projects
> > have
> > > merged upstream.
> > >
> > > If it's not too much trouble, could a TU please
> > >
> > > 1) merge slimlock-git into slim-git
> > > and
> > > 2) disown the resultant slim-git
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/slim-git/
> > > [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/slimlock-git/
> > >

> > I think this might have been overlooked. :)
> >
> > I've still had no response from the maintainer of slim-git. Could
> somebody
> > have a look for me?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> slim-git belongs to a fellow TU. I poked him on IRC about 2 days ago but
> got no answer so I'm CCing this mail to him. To be clear though, does the
> slim-git PKGBUILD need modifications or does it already provide slimlock
> functionnality? If no changes to the PKGBUILD are needed I'll just merge
> slimlock-git immediately and leave slim-git in cinelli's hands, otherwise
> let's wait another week, after that I'll do the merge and disown slim-git.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Maxime

Hi, thanks for letting me know.

The main problem is that slim-git is currently using a git repository of an
outdated fork of slim, which hasn't merged slimlock/pulled the changes from
upstream. The last commits were in March, and those were just changes to a
PKGBUILD hosted in the repository. The commit prior to that was in February
and simply merged a patch that Cinelli submitted. Development seems to have
dried up around November:
https://github.com/AeroNotix/slim-git/commits/master

I wasn't aware that Cinelli is a TU, I don't mind waiting another week if
you want to try contacting him on IRC.

Thanks.